REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Sunday 24th February 2019. The Victorian Aboriginal Health Service is having a family event you won’t want to miss. Venue: RMIT University Sport Centre, Building 203, McKimmies Road, Bundoora Victoria Time: 9:00am
Sunday 24th February 2019. The Victorian Aboriginal Health Service is having a family event you won’t want to miss.
Venue: RMIT University Sport Centre, Building 203, McKimmies Road, Bundoora Victoria
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm
The first VAHS Family Mixed Netball Tournament is designed for families living in Melbourne and continually accessing VAHS services. But more importantly to have healthy family environments, family participation and family events that all ages can enjoy and participate together. So start thinking of who you want on your team for this fun family competition. There will be some great prizes for the deadly winning team as well as fun activities for children and yummy feed on the day . As well as some cool uniforms/apparels being provided to the playing teams.
The following terms and conditions apply for every team who wish to enter. Please see below:
· All teams need the following for their registered teams;
o 1 x 35+ year old (any gender) per team
o 1 x 15-18 year old (male) per team
o 1 x 15-18 year old (female) per team
o Team Manager/ scorer
o Minimum 7 players | Maximum 12 players
· All registered players need to complete their Health Check at VAHS
o All participants are required to submit a health check confirmation form before 21st February to register. (Team Manager)
o However, any player who has completed a health check at any general health practitioner from May 1st 2018 to October 31st 2018 will be accepted
o (Optional) Each team is allowed to have 1 non-Indigenous player, however this person will need to get a medical clearance/check from their local GP or VAHS
o The health check confirmation form and medical clearance form will be emailed to Team Manger after online registration is completed. Available from 1st November 2018.
o Health checks for this carnival can be booked from the 1st of November 2018 to the 21st of February 2019. (15 weeks window) To book a health check at VAHS please call 03 94193000 and press #1 for the Medical Team. Please notify VAHS Medical Reception when booking an appointment – Your requesting a booking for a health Assessment or Health check for the tournament.
o Team Manager will be notified by VAHS for further follow up. The following form needs to be submitted to VAHS no later then 5pm AEST 30-Nov-2018. (VAHS will provide this form to the Team Manager via email after online registration)
– Team List
o Team Manager needs to submit to the following forms to VAHS by no later then 21st February 2019 (VAHS will forward this form to Team Manager via email after completing online registration);
-All players Health Check Confirmation form
· Uniforms will be provided to registered teams
· Team registrations and shirt sizes need to be submitted by the 30th November 2018 (once shirt sizes have been submitted no changes can be made after this date)
· No more than 2 current VAHS staff allowed per team.
· The winning team will be allocated a prize/s
· This event is 100% Smoke, Sugar & Alcohol free event. Designated smoking areas will be provided.
· VAHS has zero tolerance with unacceptable behaviour. Any such behaviour could lead to being removed of the event.
· Any questions, please call the Preventative Health Unit at VAHS on 03 9403-3300.
(Sunday) 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
RMIT University Sport Centre
Building 203, McKimmies Road