The Program provides Key ages and stages checks, immunisations for children and adults, pregnancy care, women’s health, support with parenting, child health and development, paediatric assessments and follow ups.
The program has visiting specialist services including from the Australian Hearing Services, The Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital and a gynaecologist who works closely with the Aboriginal Health Workers and who provide cultural awareness and knowledge to our non-indigenous staff members.
We honour our links that care for our women and children and empower them through education, healthcare, housing and employment.
- Koori Maternity Services (KMS)
- Aboriginal Health Workers
- In-Home support
- Maternal and Child Health
- Healthy for life
- Eye and Ear Hospital
- Australian Hearing Services
- Susan Hedges – Manager
- Margaret Davidson – Team Leader
- Judy Singleton – Aboriginal Health Worker
- Georgina Austin – Aboriginal Health Worker
- Rikki Bamblett – In Home Support Worker
- Tindarra Hood – Care Coordinator
- Cheryl Bamblett – Aboriginal Health Worker
- Anita Bayliss – Aboriginal Health Worker
- Katie Edney – Aboriginal Health Worker
- Shirley Blackwood – Receptionist
- Cindy Scott – Clinical Midwife Specialist
- Toni Bahler – Midwife
- Dr Mick Creati – Paediatrician
- Dr Niroshini Kennedy – Paediatrician
Please note that the women’s and children’s unit is specially designated for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander community only. No non-indigenous persons will be seen here unless they fit in the following criteria:
- Is a partner of an Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander person.
- Have Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander children either biologically or in your permanent care. Please note that non-ATSI parents/guardians can only utilise the services whilst the children are less than 18 years of age.
- All first time clients must provide staff with a confirmation of aboriginality form. Please note the Victorian Aboriginal Health Service do not except a statutory declaration form as proof of aboriginality.